Permaculture is a theory of ecological design which seeks to develop sustainable human settlements and agricultural systems, by attempting to model them on natural ecosystems. Permaculture principle #7 Design from patterns to details: By stepping back, we can observe patterns in nature and society. These can form the backbone of our designs, with the details filled in as we go.
- My yard’s evolution since 2009. From traditional to natural.
- The influence of Gaia’s Garden and Food not Lawns had on the designs
- Development of the U shaped Gardens
- Work left to do including ground covering the mounds with alfalfa and white Dutch clover
- Now waiting for the Nourse Farms plants to arrive in May which should give the mounds enough time to prepare
More on Permaculture
- 12 Principles of Permaculture
- 2012 home outline and plans
- Sep Holzer’s Hugelkultur site
- Sep’s magazine article on how to build a hugelkultur bed
- Paul Wheaton and Permies.com
- Paul Wheaton’s article on how to build hugelkultur beds
- TheSurvivalPodcast.com on Permaculture