This episode is the first of several that will explain why I implement permaculture principles as I plan and manage the home gardens and landscape. Today I cover Permaculture principle #12 – Creatively Use and Respond to Change. “Vision is not seeing things as they are but as they will be”. Tune in to learn how to properly plan for those wonderful spring days soon to come.
Song of the Day – You’re Gonna Miss Me – Original
4 Steps to Landscaping Success
- Call 811 – Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, calling 811 before each job. Note: This is what my water company does – “Although we work with Miss Utility to prevent damage to our water lines, we do not mark the private water lines that extend beyond our valves (or meters) near the street where individual services begin.” So Be sure to mark water line entry points from markings done in the street.
- Inventory and order seeds and berry plants
- Prepare indoor space and lights for seeds and plants. Grow Light set-up
- Gather materials
- Music – Blue Devil Plain
- Gardening – Episode 32 (lots of great garden planning ideas and downloads…seeds, berries, potatoes and more)
- Southern Exposure Seed Catalog
- home outline and plans 2011
- Plans for the gardens – 2012 – coming soon
- Planting times
- Ideas for your garden
- Companion planting – Important!
- 12 Permaculture Principles
- Sepp Holzer’s Educating Permaculture Video Teaches Important Rules
- What is hugelkultur