January 2009 September 2011 December 2011
- Hyde Tools 19402 Professional Grout Saw
- Dap 18372 Ready-To-Use Kwik Seal Grout Repair 4-Ounce
- Pro Caulk Complete Caulking Kit
Song of the Day – A Love Built On Sand
- Music – Blue Devil Plain
- Gardening – Episode 32 (lots of great garden planning ideas and downloads…seeds, berries, potatoes and more)
Remove And Replace Grout And Sealant In Bathtub And Shower
First a disclaimer: Regrouting a tile shower is a laborious messy and time consuming job. The time and $ it takes can easily be justified in hiring a professional tile and grout restoration contractor. But we at todolisthome.com don’t like to give up so easily.
- What I did
- How I did it
- Resources I used – The tools pictured above and these sites
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Regrout a Tile Shower
- How long it took – I’m too embarrassed to print that. You’ll have to listen to the show.
- How much it cost – >$25
- Who helped – my kids
- What I learned – To keep your grout and sealant clean use a squeegee and sponge after each shower or bath. Ceramic tile showers should be cleaned every six weeks, and this can be done through a simple once-over with vinegar and water. Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar for cleaning the grout in between ceramic tiles with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on ceramic tiles and housecleaning tips.
- What I liked – My wife was proud of me when the job was finally finished. I also enjoy adding sweat equity to my home’s value.
- What I didn’t like – The job took way too long!
- Who this kind of work is for – Anyone interested in saving money but not necessarily time.
- Southern Exposure Seed Catalog – http://www.southernexposure.com/catalog/southern-exposure-catalog-2012-web.pdf
- Berry plants
- Plans for the gardens – 2012 – coming soon
- Planting times
- Ideas for your garden