1. Toilet Water Facts
- Running or leaky toilet can cost up to 4,000 gallons of water per year.
- For me that’s about $32 per year per leaky toilet
2. Toilet parts
3. Ways to save water and money with the toilet
- Put a brick or some large rocks in the tank to take up some of the extra volume and thus cut down on water.
4. Fixing the running/leaky toilet
- Read the instructions!
- Total cost was $16 and to get the free shipping I ordered a second repair kit because my wife said she heard the same sound coming infrequently from the second toilet of this type
- So far after one week no more hissing sound which means no more running water which means the parts will pay for themselves in about 6 months. As for the time and energy I put into it I consider it an investment and knew knowledge gained and now shared with you.
6. New toilets on the market
- Low flush
- Pressure assist toilets
- Vacuum assisted toilets
- Compost toilets