Episode-90- Plant Fruit And Vegetables From Nourse Farms Part 1
Nourse Farms located in Whatley, Massachusetts has become part of the establishment at ToDoListHome.com. For three years I have received and planted asparagus, blackberry, raspberry and strawberry from Nourse Farms. This year we received more plants and expanded the plantings with blueberry and elderberry. We also planted more asparagus. This time purple passion asparagus was planted in a 2 foot by 8 foot by 8 inch hugelkulture bed. Of course we couldn’t help ourselves and planted 5 more blackberry and 5 more raspberry for a total of 20 and 17 respectively and they keep growing.
The video for today’s episode is a review of Nourse Farms and why we love having them as a provider. Video for part will come out later and it will show how the plants are prepared and placed in the ground. Enjoy and stay tuned. Feel free to send me your questions on planting berries and asparagus and check out the other great resources listed below.
In today’s video
- What I learned from Nourse Farms
- Why should we grow perennial plants?
- What should we grow?
- How to choose the right plants
- Grow what you eat and eat what you grow – We really love berries. The elderberry will produce elderberry flower champagne and elderberry wine.
- What I think is really great about Nourse Farms
- Customer service
- Planting guides
- Who should get plants from Nourse Farms?
- Anyone who wants to garden
- Gardeners who only want to do the hard work once
- People interesting in preparing for high food costs. Especially high berry costs.
- Episode-62- Design Gardens From Patterns For Beauty And Production
- Episode-27- Grow The Best Tasting Blackberries In Your Backyard
- Get your fruits and perennial vegetables from Nourse Farms
- Planting Times
- Planting Guide