This episode is part permaculture and part to do list home series because it speaks to using renewable resources and at the same time accomplishing a weekly chore.
- Expensive lawn care program not necessary!
- My program costs $94 per 2 years which is an 85% savings over what others have proposed
- Grass clipping to the compost bin
Easy Lawn Care begins with the right equipment and techniques
- Electric mower, trimmer and blower – no gas – no mess – no fuss
- Mow high with the blade at least 4 inches above the ground
What I’m not doing but should consider
- pH care – add sulfur for dandelion control
- problem lawn indicators like dandelions and grubs
- adding lawn enhancements such as chamomile, crocuses and yarrow
- 12 Principles of Permaculture
- Lawn Care For the Cheap and Lazy
- God on Lawns
- Enhancements for lawns – Pickwick Giant Crocus 12 Bulbs – Purple Stripes!
- Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) Jumbo Wildflower Seed Packet (600)
- 500 Seeds, Wormwood (Artemisis absinthium) Seeds by Seed Needs
For high pH
For Low pH
Woodstream #9325 2.5m Nat Lawn Fertilizer
Grub control – check dead patches of grass to see if you have them.
St Gabriel Laboratories 10Oz Conc Milky Spore 80010-9 Grub Control
The best grass seed – Tall Fescue – Scotts 18226 Turf Builder Tall Fescue Grass Seed 7-Pound Bag