Episode-47- Food Not Lawns – A Call To Action
- Music – Blue Devil Plain
- Food Not Lawns – Book
- Heather C. Flores
- Gardening – We are taking Action for life and permaculture in northern Virginia. Turning the home into a homestead and business.
- Wikipedia: Topsoil
- Better Soil
- USDA: Soil Erosion
- 12 Principles of Permaculture
- American lawns use 270 billion gallons of water per week!
What I learned from Food Not Lawns
- Lawns use ten times as many chemicals as industrial farmland.
- American lawns also consume more than 270 billion gallons of water each week.
- How to make plans for recycling grey water or the waste water from washing clothes and dishes.
What’s really good about this book
- Ideas for how to easily incorporate permaculture principles into any home gardening plan.
- Easy to follow plan for building community.
- How to conduct outreach activities for influencing the practices of your neighbors.
Food Not Lawns is a must read for
- Beginning gardeners because it will open minds to the long term vision that will eventually develop.
- Gardeners who want to learn methods for making their gardens more productive while diminishing irrigation and maintenance needs.
- People who want to play an important role in the future of America.