- Music – Blue Devil Plain
Make The Best Meatballs Recipe With Best Tomato Sauce
- Big pot heated with olive oil and 1 tsp minced garlic
- Add 1-16oz/450g of canned crushed tomatoes
- Add 4-8oz/225g cans of diced tomatoes
- Smash and mix with potato masher
- Add ½ cup chopped onion
- Cover only enough to avoid splatter. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 small can of tomato paste and mix well. Recover for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add dehydrated herbs from 2011 gardens; parsley, oregano, basil, & thyme.
- Add 1 jar of good tomato sauce. We use Classico Tomato and Basil because it is the absolute best.
- 2 pounds/1 kg ground beef
- 3 thick slices of fresh bread cut into cubes
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley from the green room
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- ½ tsp crushed sea salt
- ¼ tsp black course ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cup/ ¼ ltr milk – any kind is okay
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C.
- Add the bread, eggs, milk, parsley, minced garlic, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and pulse for just a seconds at a time until the ingredients are finely mixed together and creamy.
- Pour a little at a time into into a large bowl containing the meat.
- Mix by hand and until consistency is good for rolling 2 inch meatballs. If necessary add a little bit of fresh bread crumbs to absorb excess moisture.
- Coat a large glass baking dish with olive oil.
- Add the meatballs.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F/190 C for 35-40 minutes and be sure to turn the meatballs half way through cooking.
When cooked have a taste but Be Careful! They are hot! Try dipping ¼ meatball into the sauce. Oh Mama Mia!