Song of the Day - The Blue Danube (Waltz), Op. 314
- What I did
- How I did it
- Resources I used – Beekeeping For Dummies, recipe for fondant candy.
- Items required for the job; bee suit, tool hive, spray bottle with a little bit of honey bee healthy, camera, fondant candy that I made.
- Honey Bee Food Preparations – Making fondant candy. 1½ cups granulated pure sugar, ½ cup light corn syrup, 1/8 teaspoon cream of tar tar. Mix well in microwave safe ceramic bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minuteat a time, stir with a wooden spoon after each timed cook, do this for no more than 2 minutes or until it is almost liquid but still clear not caramelized. Be careful as the fondant is very hot and use protection! Pour hot mixture onto 1 square foot of wax paper on cutting board. Allow to cool. Cut into pieces if necessary. Place directly on top bars of the upper deep or medium whichever you are using.
- How long it took – 15 minutes
- What I learned – The bees are healthy and active and have plenty of stored food.
- What I liked
- What I didn’t like
- Who this kind of work is for
- 50,000 honey bees. So far about a 5 times Return On Investment from April 2011. 10 times ROI is possible at the end of summer.